Adam Holmes, one of our developers at PJ Web Solutions has made the decision to complete a year of challenges (#AdamsChallenge) in an effort to raise as much money as possible for The Christie. The challenges that Adam is under taking range from 10K runs, military style mud bathed assault courses to jumping out of a plane 15,000 feet up!
Naturally, being a web developer Adam has built his own website – www.adamschallenge.co.uk which has information on each of Adam’s confirmed challenges along with pictures and video’s of some of the challenges that he has already completed. Information on how you can donate to such a good cause is also on the website and I know Adam ensures that all information is kept up to date so it is worth bookmarking for future reference.
Challenges Completed to Date:
1) The Bogle Stroll – None stop 55 mile walk around Greater Manchester. Adam completed the walk in 25 Hours and 48 Minutes and was seen in work hobbling around the office for a week after!
2) Bolton 10k – Adam ran a 10K race hosted by Bolton United Harriers & Athletic Club and came home in a very respectable 63 minutes and 11 seconds. Great effort Adam, and another T-Shirt to add to the wardrobe!
3) No Ego Mud Challenge – Next on the list of challenges was the No Ego Mud Challange in Preston. No Ego is a 10km military assault course with 40+ obstacles including wading through chest high mud. Sounds gross but Adam insists it was great fun and another challenge was complete.
4) The Skydive! – The most extreme challenge of the lot. The thought of jumping out of a plane 15,000 feet high makes me queezy never mind actually doing it. Adam says the feeling once you jump from the plane can not be described and he now has the bug to go back and complete more training levels to enable him to skydive on a regular basis.
6) Rivington Half Marathon – This is going to be tough. There is running 10K then there is running 13 miles. Plently of training is required between now and then for Adam, and the best of luck from all the PJ Web team!
All the challenges in #AdamsChallenge require a combination of endurance training, strength training and mental toughness all of which Adam has had to dedicate a lot of his spare time to, all in the name of a good cause. At some point in your life, you will be affected, or know someone affected by cancer! The only reason he is doing these challenges is to raise as much money as possible for The Christie.
If you feel you are in a position to donate to such a worthy cause then you can do this by either:
Texting STRL55 £10 to 70070 (when texting you can only donate £1, £2, £3, £4, £5 or £10)
Visiting Adam’s Just Giving page – www.justgiving.com/adams-challenge